https://twitter.com/TCTranscontinen TC Transcontinental
Do you strive to be amongst the best? Do you consider yourself a high performer? Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental, has close to 8,000 employees, the majority of which are based in Canada, the United States and Latin America, with revenues of approximately C$2.6 billion. TC Transcontinental is Canada’s largest printer and a leader in flexible packaging in the United States, Canada and Latin America.
For over 45 years, TC Transcontinental’s story has been one of innovation and transformation to meet our customers’ evolving needs. Our strong family values, entrepreneurial spirit and long-term vision have always been at the heart of our success.
This position will be part of our Printing Sector and In-Store Marketing group. The Printing Sectorhas over 3,500 employees and 13 state-of-the-art print plants.
About this opportunity
Under the direction of the Manager, ISM Digital Print and Finishing, this position is responsible for operating the Large Format Guillotine, Die-cutter and I-Cutter in order to fulfill the trimming requirements that meet the customer’s needs and expectations while maintaining the highest level of quality and productivity.
What you will do
· To set up, operate and troubleshoot cutting equipment correctly and in accordance with safety standards while maintaining production standards and efficiencies;
· Ensure that each job is set up correctly as per the job docket and that all required materials are available, including docket, matrices and quality control sheet;
· Work effectively in a team oriented environment with assigned helper(s) to ensure and maintain quality, accuracy and productivity throughout the production shift;
· Perform routine preventative maintenance on the equipment, in order to keep it performing at optimal levels;
· To assist, train and share your knowledge with less experienced personnel;
· Perform all other duties as assigned;
· Work as part of a team, follow and adhere to Transcontinental’s code of ethics and participate in the Continuous Improvements efforts;
· Fully understand and adhere to all relevant Environmental, Health and Safety, Human Resources, Quality, Security and Company policies and procedures;
· Work in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act of Ontario, the Workplace Safety Insurance Act, the Quality Management System and all other applicable legislated regulations;
· Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
What you have to offer
· Post-secondary education along with a minimum two (2) years digital printing experience and familiar with all related print equipment;
· Computer proficiency;
· Strong verbal communication skills;
· Available to work continental and rotating shifts
· Flexible and quality driven;
· Able to work in a team oriented environment;
· Available to work overtime as needed.
What we have to offer
Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career
Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more
Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. Competitive compensation package, pension and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs.
TC Transcontinental is committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates and to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Should you be contacted regarding an employment opportunity and require an accommodation for a disability, we will be pleased to work with you to identify how we can best support you through this process.
Learn more about us