Sales Manager – Washington, DC
Website Connecting for Results
From technical experts to skilled leaders, and everything in between, Connecting for Results helps companies find the right people to grow their business.
A rapidly growing newspaper and commercial printer is looking for an experienced sales management executive with background and experience in web offset and direct mail production to help expand its growing graphic communications business.
1. Generating new business within the organization’s key targeted vertical markets.
2. Achieve financial targets established as mutually agreed upon goals.
3. Collaborate with management to develop a prospect universe aligned with your personal background, experience and knowledge as those opportunities align with the company’s capabilities.
4. Initiate and cultivate ongoing relationships with prospective clients.
5. Develop specific knowledge about the client, their brands, and their communications requirements.
6. Coordinate with production team to make sure that client’s needs are always met, and all projects are produced with excellence.
7. Business Development experience & skills
· Market research, strategy, forecasts & budgets.
· Excellent written and presentation skills (in person and remote).
· Develop compelling business case and deliver at executive level for corporate, institutional and government markets
· Knowledge of tools, sources, and media for effective business development activity, including Prospect identification, social media, CRM.
8. Sales Leadership experience and skills:
· Consistent recruitment and upgrading of the sales team.
· Coaching, motivation, accountability, and active guidance.
· Personal selling skills and activity.
· Management and Execution:
Develop sales process
Manage and monitor opportunities
· Personally develop, enable, and manage relationships internally and externally.
· Manage and Measure Expectations
1. Develop Forecast, monitor activity and results, measure KPI’s
1. Experience required – 5 + years Sales Leadership in Graphic Communications.
2. Experience in printed business communications with a focus in Publications, Directories, Catalogs, Tourism and Direct Mail production preferred.
3. Strong sales leadership, execution, and account management background with National & Regional accounts.
4. Strong negotiation and closing abilities.
5. Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with team members to develop solutions.
6. High interpersonal skills and visible positive enthusiasm.
7. Proven ability to create and maintain strong long-term relationships with the sales team, clients, and partners.
Education and/or Experience:
1. Must have 5+ years in a client facing sales management role providing graphic communication.
2. Proven ability to achieve sales targets.
3. Bachelor’s Degree in Business is preferred.
MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. CRM experience a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
The company offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits including 401(k) and health benefits.
Conditions of Employment:
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug / background check and sales skill profile tests.