Website Marquis Book Printing
Marquis is Canada’s largest book manufacturer.
Marquis is looking for a Shipping Clerk for our Scarborough site.
As a member of our Logistics team, the Shipping Clerk is responsible effective communication between internal/external customers and carriers, and the logistics department.
Job type: Full time, permanent
ADVANTAGES FOR THE SHIPPING CLERK:
• Dynamic team;
• Company events;
• Growth and advancement opportunities;
• Employee Assistance Program;
• Group Benefits and company pension.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SHIPPING CLERK:
• Prepare customs paperwork as required;
• Assist with facilitating carrier pickups and provide proof of delivery as required;
• Create, implement, and manage electronic (and other) filing for all shipping documentation;
• Manage the Driver Log and Guest/Visitor sign-in process;
• Manage, monitor and replenish supplies related to shipping and receiving needs;
• Prioritize incoming email and other requests and distribute accordingly;
• Communicate delivery arrivals to Shippers and indicate what needs to be loaded;
• Provides backup for Shippers and Receivers as needed;
• Package and send samples to customers;
• Maintain a healthy and safe working environment by adhering to policies and procedures;
• Organize daily activities according to the production schedule.
• Customer centric with the ability to work cooperatively with others;
• Experience preparing customs paperwork;
• Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail;
• Self started that uses logic to reach solutions;
• Proficient use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and manufacturing databases;
• 2 + years’ experience in a similar role in the Manufacturing or Distribution industry;
• Very good English communication skills, written and verbal;
• Experience with shipping company software (e. g. Purolator, FedEx, Canada Post, etc.) (Asset).
Are you interested in joining our team as a Shipping Clerk?
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org
Marquis is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Marquis encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please notify Human Resources.