Website Marquis Book Printing
Marquis is Canada’s largest book manufacturer.
Marquis is looking for a Printing Press Helper for our Scarborough manufacturing site.
Shifts: Rotating weekly shifts from Monday-Friday – Days (7am-3pm), Afternoons (3pm-11pm), and Nights (11pm-7am).
Salary: Between $16.50-$18 per hour. Afternoon shift premium $1.00 per hour; night shift premium is $2.00 per hour.
KEY JOB RESPONSABILITIES OF THE PRINTING PRESS HELPER:
• Lift and stack printed material efficiently and in an organized manner;
• Read and understand work orders to complete skid tags and get supplies as needed;
• Assist in preparing rolls and feeding paper to ensure the proper running of the press;
• Recognize and understand different paper stock and identify damaged rolls;
• Monitor the status of rolls to ensure that the company is producing high-quality products;
• Check copies to ensure that standards are met, eg. colours, trim, page numbers, readability, etc.;
• Maintain a clean work area in preparation for other crew members and assist with basic maintenance tasks;
• Maintain a healthy and safe working environment by adhering to Health and Safety policies and procedures;
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Digital Operator.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PRINTING PRESS HELPER:
• Good organization skills with strong attention to detail;
• Makes sound decisions; uses logic to reach solutions;
• Cooperative customer service approach;
• Good English communication skills – both verbal and written;
• Basic use of manufacturing databases.
ADVANTAGES OF THE PRINTING PRESS HELPER:
• Dynamic team;
• Company events;
• Growth and advancement opportunities;
• Employee Assistance Program;
• Group Benefits and company pension.
Are you interested in joining our team as a Printing Press Helper?
Apply now to email@example.com!
Marquis is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Marquis encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please notify Human Resources.