Website Marquis Book Printing
Marquis is Canada’s largest book manufacturer.
Marquis is looking for a Print Press Roll Tender for our Scarborough manufacturing site.
Job type: Full time, permanent.
Shifts: Rotating (Days – 7:00 am -3:00pm, Afternoons- 3:00pm-11:00pm, Nights -11:00pm-7:00am).
Shift premium: Afternoon $1.00 per hour and nights $2.00 per hour.
KEY JOB RESPONSABILITIES OF THE ROLL TENDER:
• Lift and stack heavy bundles efficiently in an organized manner;
• Set up stackers, quality check, and correct any problems with bundles and change strapper rolls when necessary;
• Complete skid tags from work orders;
• Ensure all press supplies required to process the job are at the press;
• Required to review read and understand work orders in order to verify job and material requirements;
• Set up equipment including Stobb stacking, jogging table, etc.;
• Assist in preparing rolls, feeding paper to the press, and setting up splices;
• Recognize and understand different paper stock and identify damaged rolls as required;
• Bending and laying out plates as needed and setting and monitoring ink levels for specific runs;
• Check copies to ensure that quality standards are met, e.g. colours, trim, page numbers, readability, etc.;
• Various preventative maintenance duties under the guidance of the Press Operator;
• Maintains a clean, healthy and safe working environment by adhering to Health and Safety policies and procedures including, wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), wearing appropriate clothing to prevent injury, using safe lifting techniques, and organizing an ergonomic work area;
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE ROLL TENDER:
• Secondary/High School Diploma or equivalent;
• 2+ years in a similar position in print manufacturing required; previous stacker experience an asset;
• Good organization skills with strong attention to detail;
• Carries out tasks and responds to situations without detailed instructions;
• Makes sound decisions; uses logic to reach solutions;
• Completes work in a timely, consistent manner and maintains high standards of quality despite pressing deadlines;
• Cooperative customer service approach in order to interact with internal customers and other team members;
• Good English communication skills – both verbal and written;
• Basic use of manufacturing databases.
ADVANTAGES OF THE ROLL TENDER:
• Dynamic team;
• Company events;
• Growth and advancement opportunities;
• Employee Assistance Program;
• Group Benefits and company pension.
Are you interested in joining our team as a Print Press Roll Tender?
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Marquis is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Marquis encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please notify Human Resources.