Website Marquis Book Printing
Marquis is Canada’s largest book manufacturer.
Marquis is looking for a Head Packer for our Scarborough site.
As a member of our Maintenance team, the Head Packer is responsible for setting up the packing area and packing books during runs, using established processes and methods.
Job type: Full time, permanent
Shifts: Afternoon (3:00 pm-11:00pm). Afternoon shift premium is $1.00 per hour.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HEAD PACKER:
• Obtain cartons, skids, skid tags and carton labels required for orders;
• Complete visual inspection of books prior to packing;
• Remove books with inaccurate trimming, folded pages, excess glue or bad printing;
• Ensure books are in uniform piles and packed without damaging them;
• Set up an automatic tape machine and ensure labels have all the required information;
• Apply tape and appropriate labels to cartons and maintain the carton storage area;
• Ensures labels have all required information (ISBN);
• Pile/stack full cartons onto skids;
• Keep up with general housekeeping duties including sweeping and emptying waste containers;
• Work with packing crew and others in the area for production and quality throughout;
• Maintain a healthy and safe working environment by adhering to OH&S policies and procedures;
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE HEAD PACKER:
• Ability to demonstrate in depth skill in bindery and packing;
• Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail;
• Safety and quality mind;
• Basic use of manufacturing databases;
• Secondary/High School Diploma or equivalent;
• Good English communication skills both written and verbal;
• Mechanical aptitude an asset.
ADVANTAGES FOR THE HEAD PACKER:
• Dynamic team;
• Company events;
• Growth and advancement opportunities;
• Employee Assistance Program;
• Group Benefits and company pension.
Are you interested in joining our team as a Head Packer?
Apply now to email@example.com
Marquis is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Marquis encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please notify Human Resources.