Website Marquis Book Printing
Marquis is currently looking for a press helper for our Toronto site.
- 7am to 3pm
- 3am to 11pm
- 11 pm to 7am
As a press helper, you’ll:
- Set up stackers, quality check, and correct any problems with bundles and change strapper rolls when necessary;
- Complete skid tags from work orders;
- Ensure all press supplies required to process the job are at the press;
- Required to review and understand work orders in order to verify job and material requirements;
- Set up equipment including Stobb stacking, jogging table, etc;
- Assist in preparing rolls, feeding paper to the press, and setting up splices;
- Recognize and understand different paper stock and identify damaged rolls as required;
- Bending and laying out plates as needed and setting and monitoring ink levels for specific runs;
- Check copies to ensure that quality standards are met, e.g. colours, trim, page numbers, readability.
Required skills as a press helper:
- Cooperative customer service approach
- Good English communication skills – both verbal and written
- Basic use of manufacturing databases
The advantages of working at Marquis as a press helper:
- Health and Dental benefits
- Vision care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company pension
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid time off including sick days
- Company events
- Growth and advancement opportunities
Are you interested in joining our team as a press helper?
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Marquis encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please notify Human Resources.
You must sign in to apply for this position.