Website Marquis Book Printing
Marquis is Canada’s largest book manufacturer.
Marquis is looking for a Laminator Machine Operator for our Toronto site.
Shifts : 8 hour – rotating shifts – days/afternoons/nights.
As a Laminator Machine Operator, you’ll:
· Load raw materials, set up and operate the GBC8300 laminator; monitor machine during production period to verify that all settings remain stable;
· Track make ready times, run speeds and throughput, waste and downtime;
· Unload all laminated mill rolls from Laminator and prepare for the curing process;
· Check ‘treat’ on all polyethylene rolls before lamination process;
· At every shut-down of the Laminator, perform a full machine clean up using solvent (ethyl acetate) and a check of the rollers to ensure no adhesive is remaining;
· Perform minor maintenance and troubleshooting; perform minor repairs where necessary;
· Maintain cleanliness in the Laminator area and ensures the film inventory storage area is organized and well-kept;
· Ensure all supplies required to process the job are at the workstation;
· Troubleshoot proper film lamination and adhesion.
Required skills as a Laminator Machine Operator:
· Cooperative team player;
· Good English communication skills – both verbal and written;
· Pro-active, flexible, and open-minded to new processes, tasks, and identifying opportunities;
· Basic use of manufacturing databases;
· 2 years in a similar position in print or packaging manufacturing; familiarity with lamination and coatings an asset;
· Mechanical aptitude.
The advantages of working at Marquis as a Laminator Machine Operator:
· Health and Dental benefits
· Vision care
· Employee Assistance Program
· Company pension
· Company events
· Growth and advancement opportunities
Are you interested in joining our team as a Laminator Machine Operator?
Apply now to email@example.com!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Marquis encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please notify Human Resources.