Website Connecting for Results
Providing recruitment services for the Canadian Print Industry
Our client is looking for a Junior Prepress Technician to join their team
As a Junior Prepress Technician, you will review files generated by customers to ensure proofs/plates can be accurately prepared in compliance with job specifications and company quality standards.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Coordinate with the Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs, and when necessary reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
● Communicate effectively with the Prepess Lead, Press Supervisor, and the Production Team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that company objectives and customer objectives are met.
● Provide training and advice to customers on the preparation of digital files as required.
● Preflight and troubleshoot customer digital files.
● Layout/impose files on imposition templates. Setup register targets and trim lines for production using Preps and Metrix imposition software.
● Output files to the proofing device and/or Plate setter; set line screens, resolution, and other press-specific settings.
● Produce and verify all Digital Proofs making Dylux/Mock-up proofs as needed.
● Perform paste-up and book imposition as necessary.
● Make backups on a regular basis and organize files for safekeeping and for easy retrieval.
● Troubleshoot RIP issues as required.
● Hard – Proof folded offset jobs and digital books as required.
● Efficiently operate plating machines and software as required.
● Send approved custom jobs and outstanding scheduled jobs to plating as required.
● Match plates with appropriate docket and proofs as required.
● Troubleshoot Prinergy and/or imposition issues as required.
● Responsible for workflow of jobs with special requirements such as finishing (roll labels, spot UV, foil, etc.).
● Respond to Prepress department customer inquiries.
● Clean and maintain equipment and work area following maintenance procedures, and update maintenance logs.
● Monitor and manage inventory of design and graphics supplies; order and stock supplies as assigned by the supervisor.
● Inform supervisor of equipment problems.
● Perform routine computer maintenance, including software updates and utility programs.
● Minimum of 1 year of print production experience.
● Minimum of 1 year of practical experience in graphic design/prepress.
● Proficient knowledge of applicable professional prepress applications.
● General knowledge of utility programs.
● Adequate knowledge of Macintosh and Windows platforms and operating systems.
● Ability to prepare files for output to proof and plate, receive and manipulate files digitally and maintain operating systems on production machines.
● Knowledge of Kodak Prinergy workflow.
● Knowledge of how to prepare and impose jobs for offset, digital and large format printing.
● Knowledge of printing terminology and practices.
● Experience in paste-up and book imposition.
● Thorough knowledge of PDF
● Meet or exceed minimum test results as specified by the hiring manager.
● Excellent language and communication skills.
You must sign in to apply for this position.