Website Advocate Printing & Publishing
Advocate Print & Publishing is searching for an enthusiastic, energetic, and outgoing Jr. Product Designer to join our growing team.
Based in our Halifax office, located conveniently within the Hydrostone district, the Jr. Product Designer will be at the forefront of our e-commerce platforms. Along with team members, this position will contribute to the expansion of our digital e-commerce strategy.
As a member of our team, you will be offered a competitive compensation package including a salary commensurate with your experience, and an opportunity to participate in our generous benefit programs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting to the E-Commerce Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Prepare files that will meet print production specifications for online systems
- Design product mock-ups, templates, and production files
- Manage and update the online product visuals and libraries
- Work collaboratively with the existing organization, and specifically the existing teams, to manage the workflow of product development
- Conduct testing, and surveys to assess and improve UX and ease of design
- Build storyboards to conceptualize designs to accurately convey project plans and website mapping
- Design the aesthetics to be implemented within a website or product, from the layout menus and drop-down options to colors and fonts allowing for interface edits as needed
- Analyze customer responses and website data to examine high traffic web pages and determine why certain webpages perform better
- Enhance user experience by creating seamless navigation through various digital programs and interfaces
- Combine interface design concepts with digital design for Advocate’s e-commerce platforms
- Critical, analytical, and aesthetic skills
- Experience creating storyboards and website mapping
- Experience in creating and implementing UX/UI design
- Ability to work independently while following the overall management strategy
- Knowledge of Basic HTML code, Web to Print software, and E-commerce platforms considered an asset
- Ability to think creatively, problem-solve, demonstrate curiosity and a commitment to continued learning; and research into UX trends and current design strategy and technologies
- Quick learner of new software and e-commerce platforms; and
- Exceptional organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Post-secondary education in Graphic and Print Production Design, or UX/UI Design, or other design-related fields, and/or relevant experience
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and 360 skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite or other visual design programs
- Experience with coding and ability to troubleshoot using HTML, CSS, and comparable languages
- Knowledge in typesetting, layout, and design
- Ability to think creatively, problem-solve, demonstrate curiosity and commitment to continued learning
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that demonstrate attention to detail
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID19, as per Advocate’s Vaccination Policy
Send your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We value and strive to build a diverse team that brings their unique perspectives and experience to our table. We encourage Black, Indigenous, POC & 2SLGBTQ+ persons to apply.