Introduction to Packaging, Food Preservation, Packaging Development, Quality Assurance, Prepress Processes, Print Processes, Graphic Design
In this course you will learn correct terminology, basic packaging functions and design considerations. Requirements and methods for food preservation are explored as well as choices of printing methods, visual perceptions and prepress procedures.
• Broad perspective on the function of packaging
• Food preservation challenges and techniques to control hazards
• Packaging development and common failures
• Common quality assurance systems
• Terminology of the elements of packaging and types of packaging processes
• Factors in colour perception
• Prepress and printing options
• Bar code printing and scanning requirements
Who should attend?
• Everyone wishing to enhance their understanding of Consumer Goods Packaging
• Professionals in the areas of Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Packaging, Design and Production
• Employees changing fields in packaging
• Employees new to the packaging industry
• Basics of graphic design